Big day cometh!

Moderator: Gavin McArdle

Gilbern74
Mem No.: 2195

Big day cometh!

Postby Gilbern74 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 am

This Saturday (22 April 2017) my Mk3 is leaving me :(
14 years into my 2-year restoration project, my garage will be very clear once again!

But fear not! This is a major leap forward, for it will take a relatively short journey through the Fens up to Spalding where it will receive a glorious new coat of paint and once again become a Yellow Peril :D :D :D
To celebrate I just bought a new set of bumpers from the the club, and some Tex wing-mirrors off eBay, which will be here when it gets home :)

Whilst the car is away i will take the opportunity to clear the garage out completely and re-organise. The many shelves of spare Gilbern parts will be dispatched to eBay no doubt.

Next purchase - a car cover - the kids bikes will not be allowed anywhere near it!
MkIII Invader - M30177

Blackpool Plastic
Mem No.: 2080

Re: Big day cometh!

Postby Blackpool Plastic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 am

Great news ! Well done.

JayeM
Mem No.: 1887

Postby JayeM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:55 pm

From one "Yellow Peril" to another, well done! :D :D :D
I look forward to hearing about how you put the glass back, if it's out - I've taken my front screen out to do the wiring, and I'm not looking forward to refitting it! :? :?
g6.jpg

Admin
Site Admin
Mem No.: 0

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:32 am

I've taken my front screen out to do the wiring, and I'm not looking forward to refitting it!

I have found a practical alternative for working behind the dash is (an old bathroom cabinet door) mirror laid on the screen, lets you see what you are doing from inside. Ok, has it's limitations but makes some jobs possible in hours, rather than days. Dash top is removed using rachet right angle screw driver.

JayeM
Mem No.: 1887

Postby JayeM » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Good tips!
Bit too much work needed to use them this time, but good for the future!

Return to “Gilblog Forum”